Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Flashback

Saw a picture of Gretta the other day, with all of her siblings and friends on the 4th of July, 2008, two months exactly before her death.

It stunned me. I couldn't believe there she was in the picture. The first thing out of my mouth was, "Gretta! I forgot about her being there!"

That did it for me. There was 8 children in the picture, all of them looking at something else, except Gretta. She was smiling at the camera. Big smile, right in the middle of all those other kids, tucked in, little girl, safe, warm, loved. Gone.

Little Gretta.

5 comments:

michelle said...

i love you dolly you are in my thoughts everyday... Sometimes out of know where my heart aches for you...

Jen said...

as does mine Lesley...as does mine. And even though you are the one who obviously misses her more than anyone....you are not alone in grieving her death. I hope that thought brings a little comfort when you are having a low moment like this when you saw the photo. I cannot imagine how it must have caused your heart to ache. Others have aching hearts too....if it means anything to you to know that. XOXO

Anonymous said...

I live in Colorado and came across your blog, My prays go with you and your family. I will hold my kids a little closer tonight.

daniel said...

God Bless you all!

Danielle said...

http://undrtone.blogspot.com/


Hey I'm Danielle, i was wondering if you could check out my groups blog spot for my class and if you could please follow us too. love your page by the way