Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Blessing of Friends

My husband is my best friend. It's not a revelation or anything, it just is. I am so grateful to have him. His quiet way of listening to me, my thoughts, ideas and creative complaints. He is always so willing to hear what I have to say and when I do have a problem he is a great source of counsel and wisdom. I wish it was this way with every couple. I don't think all women realize what a source of wisdom their husbands can be to them. That being said....

I have girlfriends that I couldn't imagine life without. There are just some things that are best shared between gals. I have laughed the hardest with some of these wonderful women. I have a couple of girlfriends that are the funniest people I have ever met. I am just thankful they like me as much as I like them. It's always a riot just being with them. I have some other girlfriends that God just brought into my life recently. I am so thankful for them as well. There is just nothing like a new friend, getting to know them, finding out about them and their lives.

I have a small group of girls that I trust. I know whatever I say to them, they will keep it in confidence. This is rare. As well meaning as women can be, in my experience, being able to trust them is a completely different story. Trust is the difference between friends and beloved friends. I am so thankful for that group of women I can call beloved. I would do anything for them and I know they would do the same for me. These are the ones that I classify as right under my husband. Ultimately, he is the one human that I can trust wholly, with no question. That is truly priceless. I pray that my children will have spoused and friends just like that. I am blessed!

0 comments: