Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Day To Day

Every morning I wake up and think....."coffee". It's almost my first thought before my mind starts wandering through what I need to accomplish for the day. I'm not sure when I started needing my morning cup of java. Somewhere in my late twenties, I'm almost sure. Now that I think of it, it must have happened after I had my first child.

That wonderful smell of brewing coffee will wake me up every time. The problem is: I am the only coffee drinker in the house, so unless it's an unusual Saturday and my husband remembers to start my brew...I rarely wake up to the smell. I had a programmable coffee pot before and that worked nicely, until it broke. Now I just have a simple pot. So I drag myself out of bed and almost automatically stumble to the sink to fill my pot with H20 and start my day.

Next, I feed the kids breakfast. Then I sit down to check my email. Sometime after my first cup I make necessary phone calls and then start cleaning up the house. When I had two children, my house was already clean when I got up in the morning. Not anymore. In fact, now, my house is rarely picked up. Sometimes it's clean, but rarely picked up. With four children, I made the decision to accept the fact that it will never be picked up, save the occasion when company is coming over. I'm really okay with it now, it was an adjustment that had to be made.

I am about to begin my wedding season for my photography business. This weekend will be my first wedding this year and it looks like it will be cold. I was hoping for better weather. Is anyone buying this Global Warming crap? Personally, I am not.

Keeping with the theme of 'The Big Picture', my life has become somewhat normal after all these years. The daily hum drum and weekly outings are all part of my life that I love. My husband comes home at a regular time. We spend dinner and an hour afterwards counting out our day for each other. We read to the kids, we have family devotions most nights. We work on a home project, (instigated by me and finished by my husband in most cases). It's a nice slow dance that we do. It's regular, it's normal, it's nice. It's my day to day.

1 comments:

theultrarev said...

Sounds like you got time on your hands. When are you going to get a Flickr account or something like that and start posting some of your photographic art work?

Hope all is well in the thriving metropolis of Grand Rapids.