Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Monday, April 7, 2008

Snow in April

'April showers bring May flowers', but in Minnesota you just get 2 feet of snow dumped on top of you in April and then have to shovel your way out of the house. Yesterday it snowed 24 inches in my little town. We plowed 3 times during the day and into the night, got the ATV stuck in a snowbank and ended up having to shovel ourselves out.

The funniest part is that this just isn't funny at all. I WANT SPRING!!!! (Hey screaming and stomping my feet in protest usually didn't work for me as a kid, but maybe it will this time! When you get 2 feet of snow in April, anything is worth a try!!)

I was thinking of posting some pictures of the snow but then remembered that everyone I know has seen the snow and is really quite sick of it already! For those of you who are the ever optimists and reply with, "It really is beautiful though." I feel the need to remind you to stay focused. Snow is beautiful in December, in April it is very ugly.

2 comments:

A day in the Life... said...

So are you ready for round 2? LOL

Jess(ica) said...

I would love to see pics of the snow, but I live in CA and don't get to see it much (even in December)!

For 20" of snow right now, I would trade our 70' temps! But only for a day ot two. =)