Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Death

Well, here it is, the biggest, most feared thing in all the world has come true. Our two year old sweet daughter has been taken home to be with our Heavenly Father. I will write more later, but Gretta Claire Wyman born June 6, 2006, lived only until September 4th, 2008. Her death was accidental and she was caught in the the cord of one of our window shades. Psalm 139: 15 says that before we were woven in our mothers womb, all our days were ordained by God. We believe it was Gretta's day to die. We believe that God has a purpose in all of this. We are heartbroken and devastated and lost and in pain, but we have hope in what God will do through this.

I walked awhile with Pleasure
She chatted all the way
But not a thing I learned from her
When Pleasure walked away

I walked awhile with Sorrow
He uttered ne'er a word
But oh the things I learned from him
When sorrow was my friend.

We must believe that God's way is the best way, that no matter the pain, no matter the sorrow, God does not make mistakes. We know that our little Gretta will be safe and happy in the arms of her Saviour until we meet her again in Heaven. If you do not know whether your destination is secure after your life is over, please contact me, I will listen, I will share, I will help you to bear your unthinkable burdens and then show you how to lay them at the feet of Christ. Contact me at lasterling29@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Lesley your faith is real and your tragedy has caused me to ask a lot of questions. I've questioned God, doubted him, been angry at him for you, and yet in that moment I'm brought back to the words you shared at the funeral and I realize that as your friend the worst thing I can do is not also trust God. I know that is what you want from all of us and because of that I've laid aside my lack of understanding and my doubts and prayed for God to increase my faith.

It doesn't feel like it should be your place in this situation to help others. I feel like we should be helping you. But, you have, tremendously and I can't thank you enough.

Nicole

Jess(ica) said...

Lesley,

A few posts ago you talked of some your friend's experiences with tragedy and hard times. Now, in the face of your own tragedy and darkness so deep that only God and others who have suffered this kind of loss can understand, you have not only remained faithful to God, you have clung to him and drawn closer your Savior.

That alone has been so encouraging to me and has challenged me to really evaluate a lot of things about life.

I praise God for how he is working through your life and Gretta's death, and continue to pray for you and your family during the darkest hour of your life.

Jessica

A day in the Life... said...

I don't have anything nearly as good to say as the previous posters.. I am still praying for you everyday.

L.A. said...

Just so you all three know, I love you, thank you and cherish you. Nicole, I am humbled by your committment to continue to trust with me and ask for increased faith. Jessica, what a treasure to know you in the sky and Katie, everything you say (which is little) is just as good as anything else, you give me all I need just by being you...thanks