Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Durocher Family, Vital Harvest

I just recieved my new CD, Vital Harvest by the Durocher Family. This band is amazing and local to our area. I think they are leaving on a 2 month tour tomorrow. This is the band that graciously played at Gretta's funeral for our family. They are amazing musicians, glorifying God with their testimony to His grace and love. In general this family is simply out of the ordinary in a wonderful way. I won't tell their whole story, because I don't know it all, but suffice it to say that we spent one fantastic night around their front porch and bonfire, singing and laughing and enjoying wonderul food and fellowship together. This time will be remembered by our family for many years to come. If you view Grett'a Funeral Service Link you will be able to hear their music and my personal favorite that they performed there, "Trusting You". I have been playing that song in my head since her funeral and one of their 12 children, Gabe, handed me the CD tonight at church. I brought it home and just keep playing the CD over and over, shedding tears for Gretta, but also tears of joy for the promises of God that are being sung right into my heart.

So heres to The Durochers and their tour. God Bless Them as they have so richly blessed us!

2 comments:

A day in the Life... said...

It is a beautiful song

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!