Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Friday, October 3, 2008

Little Did I Know

I just read through a couple of my blogs from earlier this year. If there is anyone actually reading these I encourage you all to go to my entry for May 30, 2008, "Time of Trial"......when you finish reading that you will understand the title to today's blog, Little Did I Know.

But still, as I read Times of Trial I realized that God was preparing me. It sure seems obvious. I was being made ready for a deeper, more painful trial. I was being refined for a bluer flame. Here I am in the midst of the heat and I am crying out with anguish. God has not spared me the pain. Just as He did not spare the pain of our Lord before the cross and on the cross. But He is giving me the strength to remain in the fire, to be refined, to draw me closer to Him, to keep my mind set on Him, to keep my eyes focused on 'the big picture'.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I was reminded of that post a couple weeks ago! Our trials are very, very different but something I have realized in the past year is that I never felt closer to God until I was going through this trial. I had never needed him as much.

A verse I heard that has stuck with me and I'm frequently reminded of is Job 42:5, "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you."

I continue to pray for you everyday Lesley asking God to renew your strength!

Love,
Nicole

The Nutty Spot said...

I agree Lesley, I was reading through your blog the other day and I read that one and I was in shock of how you had thought of that ever happening to you. Its sad that it had to, but I feel you are an inspiration to many many people! You are an amazingly strong woman!
Beth

A day in the Life... said...

I know I read that I thought. Wow that is amazing!

Mommy Missionary said...

I just read your blog for the first time recently. I did read the one on trials and realized the same thing. I'm glad God doesn't tell us what's coming but gives us the grace to get through what's going on. Even though our previous trials may look small compared to bigger ones, they still serve a purpose in our walk with God. I like your comparison of trials to the shoes in the back of your closet. I'm continually praying for you and your family. Thanks for your openness!