Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Friday, October 10, 2008

Ooba Dooba Snooba, "My Snooby"






"I will protect you..." Acts 26:17
"I will comfort you..." Isaiah 66:13
"I will give you peace..." Leviticus 26:6
"I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:12
"I will carry you..." Isaiah 46:4
"I will strengthen you..." Isaiah 41:10
"I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
"I will be with you." Genesis 31:3
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4
"For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16
"And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." Revelation 21:4
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2
"My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word." Psalm 119:28
"He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power." Isaiah 40:29
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
These Scripture were written by a dear friend of mine in my blog comments. Thank you Nicole. Thank you for taking the time to write out all that Scripture for me and for comforting our family and praying for us. Thank you all for being faithful to God's call to help us bear this grief.
All of you who are praying for our family, I would like you to pray specifically for Russell. He is 3 years old and he is taking this the hardest. He drops to the floor numerous time a day sobbing. He is aggressive, ornry, whiny, sad and inconsolable. This is not his normal self. It seems to get worse not better as the days pass. Our pediatrician, Dr. Rourke, said to expect him to get better and then to get worse, as his brain grows he will have to reprocess this grief numerous times. Please pray for my little "Snooby". He is so lost without his playmate, Gretta. They were only 14 mo. apart and he is just so sad.

0 comments: