Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Friday, October 24, 2008

Thankfulness in Trial

Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strenth and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him."

Even in the midst of a great suffering, a trial, whatever we are brought through, there are things to be thankful for. Notice I said, brought through. For we are not forced through, pushed and prodded, we are not drug through as if hanging on to an invisible rope, we are not running or walking alone, but our Heavenly Father walks alongside, His mighty hand on our back or under our shoulder or even sometimes He is carrying us. He is bringing us through whatever He has allowed in our lives for a purpose, for a reason.

I have been taught by my mother to make a "Thankful List", when life gets you down. Now is a good time, just like the Psalmist David did in great trial. To be thankful is sometimes just hard to do to be honest. But if given to much thought, I know there is so much to be thankful for. So today I share with you my thankful list, to encourage myself and you and to truly thank my God for just some of the good He has done in my life.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

My eternal salvation
Hope of living forever in a pain-free place (Heaven)
A God I can personally know, who loves me with an everlasting love
The Living Word of God, that speaks to me, comforts me, guides me, makes promises to me that have never been broken.
A church family, a church where I am free to worship my Savior, openly
The knowledge that this world is only temporary and I await with great anticipation my meeting with Jesus and reunion with my little Gretta.
A husband to grieve with, to hold, to love, who loves me unconditionally
My parents
My children here with me and their health
Sisters
A family who sacrifices themselves to make sure I'm okay
In-Laws (No really!!)
Mentors
Friends who pray, serve, love, give, make time, make phone calls, just are
A home that is warm
Food that is good and safe to eat, food
Music, food for the soul
Water to drink
Vehicles
Socks on cold mornings
Coffee
A warm coat for everyone in my family

Thank You my Father for all of the personal blessings You alone give to me everyday!

0 comments: