Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Monday, March 24, 2008

Spirals

I'm pretty sure it's the long winter days, that still haven't ended. The grey days, longer now than a month ago. The wind howling through the old windows on this house. The need to still wear my gloves when I go out to warm up the car...still. It's almost April and my mind is spiraling. I am almost like an amphibian shedding it's outer layer. Things are changing inside me as well as out.

People that I have trusted, I no longer trust. Friends I thought I had, I do not. My children are betraying me by growing out of their shoes and clothes and coats and baby teeth. Everything is changing. I require spring. I need new growth. In every possible way. I am thankful for what remains constant. My God, my husband, my street address.

1 comments:

theultrarev said...

We had a day this week that was 19 degrees. What's up with that? Will spring ever come? Hope you are well.