Scroll down to the bottom of the page
to see a video of Gretta
and pictures from her funeral

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thank You and Merry Christmas

Thanks to all of you who read my blog, check in on me and my family, pray for us and grieve with us. There is so much that I couldn't have handled had it not been for so many of you praying and loving us through. Please continue to bear our burden with us and may God richly bless you as you have blessed us.

I will try not to be too negative during these next couple of days for all of our sakes. I truly wish you and your families the joy that comes with this time of year because we are reminded of the Greatest Love of All, God's love toward us in the giving up of His only Son, Jesus. Celebrate and enjoy each other, give extra hugs, have extra patience....enjoy your Christmas.

I will turn my eyes upon the stable, the humble place of my Saviours birth, I will listen for the angels that sing His praise, I will hear the baby Jesus cry, I will focus on this gift, The Greatest Gift, the gift we can all have of eternal life. Praise be to our Great God, Happy Birthday Jesus!

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

My thoughts and payers are with you in this holiday season.. Jeanie

not2brightGRAM said...

May the Father of mercies and God of all comfort grant you His grace and peace.

I don't know you, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Faith Family said...

Merry Christmas, Lesley. I really hope you can find yourself enjoying your family, if only for a moment at a time, during this next couple of days. You are on my mind and in my prayers every day. Steph

tamara said...

Lesley,

I want you to know how your words have helped others. I shared your email of life moving you forward with my best friend who lost her son in February at 29. You gave her what I could not; an understanding of a place of grief.

I pray that there was a moment that you felt the presence of all who hold you up through your journey and more importantly in the quiet felt your little Gretta.

Bless you as we approach a new year and as you begin to try and find your 'new normal'.

Tamara

Anonymous said...

Lesley, I hope that you are doing well and your family as well. I watch the news to see how your weather is, it makes me glad I live in Ga. I hope that you're able to get out some. You're in my prayer as well as the family. This spring I would like to send a pink dogwood tree to you but am not sure it could stand the cold.What do you think? Georgia

Anonymous said...

Still a lot of people praying for you. When the time has come that the grief fades from all-consuming to painful day-by-day coping, please consider publishing your blog entries. You have been so honest in your pain. It has already happened through your blog, and I believe that if you'll consider additionally publishing your account to print, God will use your experience that much more to help others through the process.

Anonymous said...

Still a lot of people praying for you. When the time has come that the grief fades from all-consuming to painful day-by-day coping, please consider publishing your blog entries. You have been so honest in your pain. It has already happened through your blog, and I believe that if you'll consider additionally publishing your account to print, God will use your experience that much more to help others through the process.

Anonymous said...

everyone can feel your pain as you write your blog and are all praying for you and your family still to this day. Time heals all and things seem to usually get worse for the 1st year or two but then you look back at how much you have grown especially your walk with our Savior in Heaven and all the blessing you will receive from all your tears shed and the God is bottling them up and blessing you for them. May you know that God is with you at all times and only He knows what you are going through We will continue to pray for you all. God Bless you Leslie.